Content marketing is the practice of creating, publishing, and distributing valuable, interesting, and entertaining content with the aim of acquiring customers and making sales through engagement and relationships.
Here are some content marketing ideas that your business can use throughout June & July 2015.
1. British Flowers Week: 15 – 19 Jun 2015
- Why not create a how to video on “How to make a flower arrangement” – horticultural retailer or Garden Centre
- Do a look book with a range of clothing with floral patterns and designs and talk about the impact of flowers in fashion design – clothing retailer
- Do a feature article about Popular British flowers or your British Flower Favourites – horti retailer.
- Write an “Edible Flowers Guide” and include some recipes – Food or Cafe Retailer
2. Father’s Day: June 21, 2015
- 10 Reasons why dads are the best – any retailer
- Gift guide for father’s day – think of ways to help make the gift-giving choice easy for your customers. A gift guide is a great way to do this. Offer suggestions by price and/or interest and use emails, social media and e-newsletters to group and highlight inventory along the same lines that appeals to Dad. Home Depot created a Gift Ideas board on Pinterst For Father’s Day You could do something similiar to market products/services you sell for Father’s Day. Then market that list to your customers in email marketing and on social media sites.
- A celebrity-quote themed article to honor dads this year, with “50 inspiring, funny, poignant or just silly quotes about and from famous fathers,” including Barack Obama, Bill Cosby and even Shakespeare. Quotes are always a very popular and easy form of content to consider.
3. Offer Summertime Advice
- Mr. Porter, The Rules of Poolside Cool. This is a lookbook-like article, offering swimwear suggestions for men.
- Williams-Sonoma, Party Planner: Summer Campfire Feast. This blog post suggests the menu for a memorable meal gathered around a summer campfire.
- Lowe’s, Do-it-yourself Lemonade Stand. This article is part of a series of posts focused on summer do-it-yourself projects with kids.
- Bodybuilding.com, Ashley Hoffmann’s Summer Shoulder Workout. A workout plan to help men and women have strong, shapely shoulders for more revealing summer attire.
4. Further dates & topics for June & July Content Marketing Ideas:
- Trooping the Colour – 13 June – Do a piece on “Everything you need to know about the Queen’s Birthday Parade”, “Top 10 Royal Inspired Gifts fit for a Queen”
- International Kissing Day – 6 July – “Our recommended favourites sure to make you lip smackingly kissable on international Kissing Day”. Write a Guide on “How to be the best kisser”, “Celebs Remember their First Kiss”
- International Day of Friendship – 30 July -The International Day of Friendship is a United Nations (UN) Day with the idea that friendship between peoples, countries, and cultures can inspire peace efforts and build bridges between communities. Write “Friendship Day Inspired Quotes”, “How will you show your friends how much they mean to you this International Friendship Day?”, “Top 5 Ideas for Celebrating International Friendship Day”.